Friday, December 31, 2010

The Old Paths

We are in the last few hours of 2010. As you think about 2011, may I suggest some New Year's resolutions? How about Old Paths for a New Year. My thanks to my friend Doug for the suggestion. Here is the verse:

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

The old paths are the good way! Here are some old paths that will lead you to rest for your soul.

1. Pray. Spend time in prayer with Jesus in 2011. Matthew 7:7-8
2. Read the Bible. The Bible is the Word of God and we need to hear his voice! Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
3. Witness. Share the gospel in the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 1:16
4. Gather consistently with the church. Don't form a habit of forsaking the assembling together with the saints. Hebrews 10:24-25

These old paths are the good way. They will lead you to rest for your soul!

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all
ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Of all the resolutions you might consider this year, please make these high on your priority list!