Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prayer in Jesus' name

Many American's believe in 'God' but the name of Jesus Christ is offensive to many. Jesus is the dividing and determining person. What you believe about Jesus will divide you from others and determine your eternal destiny.

Fox News has a story about a North Carolina pastor who was dismissed from his duties of serving as honorary chaplain for the State House of Representatives. He was invited to pray, he just could not pray in the name of Jesus.

Pastor Yanked from Capitol over 'Jesus' prayer

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Joh 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.